Policing inspection programme and framework 2021/22: for consultation
This document provides details of our proposed programme of policing inspections for 2021/22.
Types of inspection in 2021/22 comprise of:
- PEEL assessments;
- National thematic inspections;
- Commissions from the Home Secretary and local policing bodies
- Inspection of national agencies and other non-Home Office forces
- Joint inspections
- State of Policing report
It asks for your views on whether we cover the right themes and areas of policing. In particular, we are seeking your responses to the following consultation questions:
- Do these proposed thematic inspections cover those areas that are of most concern to you at the moment?
- Are there any significant new or emerging problems in policing that HMICFRS should take into account in its inspection activity?
- How else could HMICFRS adapt the way in which it acquires information to take account of current circumstances and risks to public safety?
Get the consultation documentHMICFRS Policing inspection programme and framework 2021/22 (PDF document, 292kB) Policing inspection programme and framework 2021/22: for consultation – HMICFRS (HTML)
How to respond to this consultation
This consultation has been extended by one week.
Please submit your answers to these questions, together with any other comments, by email to: HMICFRSPolicingInspectionProgrammeandFramework@hmicfrs.gov.uk no later than 1700 on Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
If you prefer, you can post responses to the:
Chief Operating Officer, HMICFRS
6th floor, Globe House,
89 Eccleston Square,
Please clearly mark your response ‘CONSULTATION RESPONSE’.
Please note: HMICFRS offices are currently closed and there will be a delay in responding to any letters. Where possible, please reply using the email address provided.
If you have a complaint or comment about HMICFRS’ approach to consultation, you can email this to: HMICFRSPolicingInspectionProgrammeandFramework@hmicfrs.gov.uk