PEEL: police effectiveness 2017 – Durham Constabulary
As part of our annual inspections of police effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy (PEEL), HMICFRS assessed how effective the force is at keeping people safe and reducing crime. This inspection focused on five areas of policing:
- How effective is the force at preventing crime, tackling anti-social behaviour and keeping people safe?
- How effective is the force at investigating crime and reducing re-offending?
- How effective is the force at protecting those who are vulnerable from harm, and supporting victims?
- How effective is the force at tackling serious and organised crime?
- How effective are the force’s specialist capabilities?
This report sets out the findings for Durham Constabulary.
The effectiveness assessment follows on from reports on efficiency and legitimacy in 2017, which together make up the three pillars of the annual PEEL assessment.
Get the report
PEEL: Police effectiveness 2017 – Durham Constabulary (PDF document)
Get the national overview
PEEL: Police effectiveness 2017 – National overview
Get the press releases
National press release: Police forces good at keeping people safe but showing strain
PEEL: police effectiveness 2017 – force press releases