PEEL: police effectiveness 2017 – Cheshire Constabulary
As part of our annual inspections of police effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy (PEEL), HMICFRS assessed how effective the force is at keeping people safe and reducing crime. This inspection focused on five areas of policing:
- How effective is the force at preventing crime, tackling anti-social behaviour and keeping people safe?
- How effective is the force at investigating crime and reducing re-offending?
- How effective is the force at protecting those who are vulnerable from harm, and supporting victims?
- How effective is the force at tackling serious and organised crime?
- How effective are the force’s specialist capabilities?
This report sets out the findings for Cheshire Constabulary.