PEEL: police effectiveness 2016 – Gwent Police
As part of our annual inspections of police effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy (PEEL), HMIC assessed how effective the force is at keeping people safe and reducing crime. This inspection focused on five areas of policing:
- How effective is the force at preventing crime, tackling anti-social behaviour and keeping people safe?
- How effective is the force at investigating crime and reducing re-offending?
- How effective is the force at protecting those who are vulnerable from harm, and supporting victims?
- How effective is the force at tackling serious and organised crime?
- How effective are the force’s specialist capabilities?
Get the report
Please note: this report was updated to correct the area for improvement on p. 29 on 12 September 2017 and to correct an administrative error in the serious and organised crime section on 22 March 2018.