Cyber: Keep the light on - An inspection of the police response to cyber-dependent crime
In early 2019, the Home Secretary commissioned HMICFRS to inspect the effectiveness and efficiency of the police response to cyber-dependent crime.
To do this, we assessed whether:
- law enforcement has a well-designed strategy for tackling cyber-dependent crime;
- organisational structures provide the necessary capacity, capabilities and partnerships;
- victims of cyber-dependent crime receive a high-quality response; and
- staff at local and national levels are provided with appropriate learning opportunities to deal with cyber-dependent crime.
The inspection took place between April and June 2019 in the following 10 forces, in addition to 3 law enforcement agencies and 9 regional organised crime units:
- Greater Manchester Police
- Hampshire Constabulary
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- Humberside Police
- Lincolnshire Police
- The Metropolitan Police Service
- Northumbria Police
- South Wales Police
- Warwickshire Police
- Wiltshire Police
Get the report
Get the press release
Get the police and crime commissioners' responses to the report
Find out why we publish PCC responses.