HMIC’s 2016/17 inspection programme: for consultation
This consultation has now closed. HMIC’s 2016/17 inspection programme can be viewed here.
HMIC is seeking your views on its proposed inspection programme for 2016/17. This comprises HMIC’s PEEL assessment; national thematic inspections; joint inspections; inspections of other national law enforcement agencies; and commissions from the Home Secretary, and police and crime commissioners and other local policing bodies.
In particular, you are invited to respond to the following questions:
- Are there any other aspects of police work you believe should be covered by HMIC’s annual all-force PEEL inspections (police effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy)? If so, what are they and why should they be included?
- Should we develop the inspection methodology for PEEL further to enable us to move to a single PEEL inspection in each force every year?
- Do the proposed thematic inspections cover areas that are of the greatest concern at present, especially counter-terrorism and crime-recording?
- Do you agree that by developing our approach to gathering evidence by making better use of the information that HMIC holds through Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE), it will allow for a better and more effective use of data?
- Is the framework in relation to how we monitor, make judgments and engage with forces and interested parties clear and fair? If not, why not; and what changes should be made so that it is?