HMICFRS’s 2019/20 policing inspection programme and framework: for consultation
This consultation has now closed.
This consultation asks for your views on HMICFRS’s proposed policing inspection programme for 2019/20. This comprises:
- national thematic inspections;
- joint inspections;
- integrated PEEL assessments;
- inspections of other national law enforcement agencies;
- commissions from the Home Secretary, and police and crime commissioners and other local policing bodies; and
- HMICFRS’s work on super-complaints.
In particular, you are invited to respond to the following questions:
- Are there any significant new or emerging problems in or for policing which HMICFRS should take into account in its effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy inspections?
- Do the proposed thematic inspections of counter-terrorism, older people in the criminal justice system, cyber-crime, child protection and crime data integrity cover areas that are of most concern to you at the moment?
- How else could HMICFRS adapt the way in which it acquires information, to take account of current circumstances and risks to public safety?