HMICFRS’s 2019/20 policing inspection programme and framework: for consultation
This consultation closes on 11 March 2019.
This consultation asks for your views on HMICFRS’s proposed policing inspection programme for 2019/20. This comprises:
- national thematic inspections;
- joint inspections;
- integrated PEEL assessments;
- inspections of other national law enforcement agencies;
- commissions from the Home Secretary, and police and crime commissioners and other local policing bodies; and
- HMICFRS’s work on super-complaints.
In particular, you are invited to respond to the following questions:
- Are there any significant new or emerging problems in or for policing which HMICFRS should take into account in its effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy inspections?
- Do the proposed thematic inspections of counter-terrorism, older people in the criminal justice system, cyber-crime, child protection and crime data integrity cover areas that are of most concern to you at the moment?
- How else could HMICFRS adapt the way in which it acquires information, to take account of current circumstances and risks to public safety?
How to respond to this consultation
Please submit your answers to these questions, together with any other comments, by email to: HMICFRSpolicinginspectionprogramme@hmicfrs.gov.uk, no later than 17:00 on 11 March 2019.
If you prefer, you can post responses to the Chief Operating Officer, HMICFRS, 6th floor, Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PN.
If you have a complaint or comment about HMICFRS’s approach to consultation, you can email this to: HMICFRSpolicinginspectionprogramme@hmicfrs.gov.uk