HMICFRS’ 2018/19 policing inspection programme and framework: for consultation
This consultation has now closed.
This consultation asks for your views on HMICFRS’ proposed policing inspection programme for 2018/19. This comprises:
- national thematic inspections;
- joint inspections;
- integrated PEEL assessments;
- inspections of other national law enforcement agencies;
- commissions from the Home Secretary, and police and crime commissioners and other local policing bodies; and
- HMICFRS work on super-complaints.
In particular, you are invited to respond to the following questions:
- Do the proposed thematic inspections of counter-terrorism, fraud and cyber-fraud, older people in the criminal justice system, cyber-crime, child protection and crime data integrity cover areas that are of most concern to you at the moment?
- To what extent do you agree with the proposal for a more sophisticated approach to incorporating risk in our PEEL assessments?
- To what extent do you agree with the proposal that our PEEL assessments should make greater use of information from monitoring and force management statements?
- What do you see as the greatest opportunities, risks and difficulties as we move towards an integrated PEEL assessment?