HMIC’s 2017/18 inspection programme and framework: for consultation
This consultation is now closed.
This consultation asked for your views on HMIC’s proposed inspection programme for 2017/18. This comprised:
- national thematic inspections;
- joint inspections;
- PEEL assessments;
- inspections of other national law enforcement agencies;
- commissions from the Home Secretary, and police and crime commissioners and other local policing bodies; and
- HMIC work on fire inspections and super-complaints.
In particular, you were invited to respond to the following questions:
- Do you agree that leadership in the police should be assessed as part of the HMIC effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy inspections rather than as a separate inspection?
- Are there significant new or emerging problems for policing which HMIC should take into account in the effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy inspections?
- Do the proposed thematic inspections of hate crime, counter-terrorism, child protection and crime data integrity cover areas that are of most concern to you at the moment?
- How else could HMIC adapt the way in which it acquires information to take full account of current circumstances and risks to public safety?
Get the consultation document
If you have a complaint or comment about HMIC’s approach to consultation, you can email this to: HMICInspectionProgramme@hmicfrs.gov.uk