Criminal Justice Joint Inspection business plan 2017-18
The Criminal Justice Chief Inspector’s Group (CJCIG) has finalised its business plan. This sets out the programme of inspections of the Criminal Justice System (CJS) for 2017/18 in which two or more of our inspectorates will be working together.
Our joint programme includes a core of rolling inspections which cover every area in England and Wales over a period of several years. The remaining work streams are time-limited, targeted and themed inspections, visiting a small number of areas and highlighting good and poor practice in a particular subject for the benefit of all areas.
The Chief Inspectors have carefully considered helpful comments and suggestions made through a formal consultation process. The final plan includes a number of changes.
- Hate Crime – the planned inspection will include disability hate crime.
- Scoping studies – we will look at how we might inspect:
- The impact of the Criminal Justice System and older people
- Domestic abuse – the conduct of evidence-led prosecutions
- The number and impact of cases started by postal requisitions (PRs).
The plan will be kept under review to ensure that we are putting our joint efforts and resources into the right areas of the CJS.