HMICFRS is based at 23 Stephenson Street, Birmingham, B2 4BH. HMICFRS is the controller for this information. This includes when the information is collected or processed by third parties on our behalf.
Why we collect your personal data
HMICFRS collects personal data in the following circumstances:
- where data subjects have explicitly subscribed to communications, or given consent to be contacted for survey/consultation purposes;
- where data subjects have contacted us direct and submitted a request for information;
- where data subjects have entered a contract of employment with HMICFRS;
- to report on the quality of work resulting from the inspection of those who provide police and fire & rescue services.
Why do we process your personal data?
HMICFRS will process your personal data when:
- you are a member of staff (including prospective members of staff, fee paid staff, and short-term placements)
- you are a person that has a connection to an inspection (including a person who has offended, victims, those with parental responsibility of children or young people who have offended, staff within organisations who provide police and fire & rescue services)
- you have explicitly subscribed to receive communications or given consent to be contacted for survey/consultation and other purposes
- when we undertake research from information gained through inspection or other lawful means
- you contact us
- you enter any contract to provide services to us
- to fulfil any contractual obligations.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
Under Article 6(1) of the General Data Protection Regulations our lawful basis for processing personal data (including special category data) are:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Examples of these processing activities include, but are not exhaustive:
- where data subjects have explicitly subscribed to communications or given consent to be contacted for survey / consultation purposes.
- where data subjects have entered a contract of employment with HMICFRS.
- where data subjects have submitted a Freedom of Information request.
- where data subjects are part of an inspection of a force or fire service and respond to surveys or are involved in interviews.
- where data subjects have contacted HMICFRS direct regarding individual concerns.
Who we might share your personal data with
Other than internal staff within HMICFRS, we might share your personal data with:
- partner inspectorates
- other official bodies
- third-party service providers in the course of service delivery.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties; or
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes; or
- share your data internationally.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How we store your personal information
Your information will be stored securely and retained for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is being processed and in line with the Home Office retention policies.
What are your rights?
You have the right to make a subject access request. This means we will confirm what personal data we hold about you and provide a copy of that data.
To make a subject access request please send your request and two forms of identification (one must include your address) to HMICFRSKIM@homeoffice.gov.uk.
In addition to this, you can:
- ask for any incorrect personal data to be amended
- ask for your personal data to be erased (in certain circumstances)
- object to or request we restrict the processing of your personal data
- receive a copy of your personal data in a format that is accessible to you
All requests will be considered on a case by case basis and a response will be provided within one month from the receipt of the request.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact HMICFRS if you:
- have any questions about anything on this page; or
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
HMICFRS has a data protection officer who can be contacted by:
Telephone: 020 7035 6999
Office of the DPO,
2 Marsham Street
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, who is an independent regulator.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges
Information Commissioner’s Office
Last reviewed: 23/11/2021
Next review date: 23/11/2022