More about this area
The force says...
Northamptonshire is home to 0.73 million people across a blend of rural and urban communities. The county has seen significant population growth of 16 percent since 2001, a higher rate than national and regional averages. Further strong population increases are forecast and policing demand continues to increase and evolve; the force is dealing with increasingly more complex issues, particularly those with elements of vulnerability. The force records more victim-based crimes per officer on average at a higher rate than national and regional averages.
The force has a strong track record of cost-reduction having delivered £30.78m of savings since 2010. Whilst the workforce has reduced by almost 16 percent since 2010, service delivery has been maintained.
The force is committed to protecting people from harm and despite challenging efficiency savings, we are doing this by:
- Delivering the Police & Crime Plan for 2017 – 2021.
- Developing our approach, recognised by Ofsted and HMICFRS that protect children and adults through our multi-agency safeguarding hub, our multi-agency child sexual exploitation and missing person team and our specialist domestic abuse prevention and investigation team.
- Enhancing operational capabilities through collaboration with other forces and integration opportunities with Northamptonshire Fire & Rescue Service and other partners.
- Putting effective structures in place to tackle, in partnership, serious and organised crime and those vulnerable to becoming involved in gang activity.
- Enabling neighbourhood policing teams to tackle important issues through effective problem solving and in being accessible to our communities.
- Increasing investigative resources that provide a quality victim focused service.
- Optimising the force’s operating model and reviewing support functions by:
- Prioritising resources to the greatest harm;
- Using evidence-based approaches to ensure value for money, effective and efficient demand management;
- Evaluating new ways of working to learn lessons; and
- Delivering new estates infrastructure to meet future needs.
Disclaimer: the above statement has been prepared by Northamptonshire Police. The views and information in it are not necessarily those of HMICFRS.