Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service congratulated for excellent performance
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service is performing exceptionally well and has been congratulated for its performance, a new report has found.
Get the report
Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS) graded the service:
- ‘good’ at effectively keeping people safe and secure from fire and other risks;
- ‘good’ at efficiently keeping people safe and secure from fire and other risks; and
- ‘good’ at looking after its people.
Her Majesty’s Inspector of Fire and Rescue Services Matt Parr said:
“I congratulate Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service on its excellent performance across all three areas of our assessment. Since its last inspection in 2018, it has improved in almost all areas.
“Importantly for the public, the service is good at understanding and preventing fires and other risks, as well as good at protecting people and responding to fires and other emergencies, and major and multi-agency incidents. It has improved consultation about its community plan.
“The service is outstanding at promoting the right culture and values and has developed a talent management process. It has a good understanding of its future financial challenges and has identified savings and investment opportunities.
“We look forward to seeing the results of further improvements at our next inspection.”
Get the report
- In its last inspection, Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service was rated as good across all three areas of assessment.
- For further information, please email the HMICFRS Press Office at HMICPressOffice@hmicfrs.gov.uk or call us on 07836 217 729.