An inspection of British Transport Police’s ability to minimise disruption on the rail network
In April 2018, HMICFRS was commissioned by the Minister of State for Transport to inspect British Transport Police and assess the force’s ability to work with the rail industry to minimise disruption on the network.
Today’s report sets out HMICFRS’s findings in the following six sections:
- focus on minimising disruption;
- aligning force priorities with the rail industry;
- operational independence;
- passenger confidence;
- trespass, fatalities and other police matters; and
- harnessing technology and data.