HMICFRS frequently recruits for new staff to join our police and fire & rescue service inspections. Positions are either for:
- Civil Service roles (usually fixed-term appointments);
- police and fire & rescue service secondments (typically between 6 months and 2 years); or
- associates with specialist knowledge in specific areas.
Current vacancies are set out below.
Please note: all vacancies close at midnight on the date specified, unless otherwise stated.
Police inspections recruitment
There are currently no vacancies for police inspections.
As well as secondments for up to two years, HMICFRS also offers shorter placements for police officers and staff. More information about these opportunities, including current vacancies, is available on the short-term secondees page.
Fire & rescue services inspections recruitment
Following the extension of our remit to include fire & rescue services, HMICFRS is recruiting for staff to take part in our fire & rescue inspections.
This is an exciting time to join us as we develop a new programme of inspections and report to the public on each fire & rescue service’s effectiveness, efficiency and leadership.
|Chief of Staff (Grade 6)||2nd January|
|Assistant Portfolio Director – People strand (Grade 7)||2nd January|
|Staff Officer (Senior Executive Officer)||2nd January|
- passionate about improving public services?
- keen to take on the challenge of being a part of something new and help to shape improvements in England’s fire and rescue services?
- want to make a real difference to the quality of local fire and rescue services?
- committed to continuous improvement?
- professional and customer focused?
If so, we have a range of opportunities available and we are looking for candidates who can bring a variety of experience and skills to the organisation, working at the forefront of change in the public sector.