Police forces previously in Engage
Greater Manchester Police
Moved out of Engage
- responding appropriately to the public and vulnerable people, including answering calls more quickly;
- better understanding its performance and the capability and capacity of its workforce, and providing better support for officers and staff;
- halving the number of open investigations, giving officers more time to focus on bringing offenders to justice; and
- more accurately recording crime.
- Greater Manchester Police was failing to respond appropriately to some people who are vulnerable and at risk. This meant that it was missing some opportunities to safeguard victims and secure evidence at the scene. This service failure gave cause for concern about public safety in Greater Manchester.
Related news and publications
Note: HMICFRS began publicising when forces went into and out of Engage in June 2022. Forces which came out of Engage before June 2022 will not appear on this page.