HMIC’s 2017/18 inspection programme and framework: for consultation
This consultation seeks your views on HMIC’s proposed inspection programme for 2017/18. This comprises:
- national thematic inspections;
- joint inspections; PEEL assessments;
- inspections of other national law enforcement agencies;
- commissions from the Home Secretary, and police and crime commissioners and other local policing bodies; and
- HMIC work on fire inspections and super-complaints.
In particular, you were invited to respond to the following questions:
- Do you agree that leadership in the police should be assessed as part of the HMIC effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy inspections rather than as a separate inspection?
- Are there significant new or emerging problems for policing which HMIC should take into account in the effectiveness, efficiency and legitimacy inspections?
- Do the proposed thematic inspections of hate crime, counter-terrorism, child protection and crime data integrity cover areas that are of most concern to you at the moment?
- How else could HMIC adapt the way in which it acquires information to take full account of current circumstances and risks to public safety?
Get the consultation document
Please note that the email address for submitting responses has been amended since the consultation was first published. Please send replies to HMICInspectionProgramme@hmic.gsi.gov.uk.
Get the response questionnaire
How to respond to this consultation
Response questionnaires can be downloaded by clicking on either of the links above.
Please submit your answers to these questions, together with any other comments, by email to: HMICInspectionProgramme@hmic.gsi.gov.uk, no later than 5pm on 24 February 2017.
If you prefer, you can post responses to Ann-Marie Field, Chief Operating Officer, HMIC, 6th floor, Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PN.
If you have a complaint or comment about HMIC’s approach to consultation, you can email this to: HMICInspectionProgramme@hmic.gsi.gov.uk