The advisory board
The advisory board was set up to provide advice and expertise from outside HMIC, and it will meet at key times during the development of the programme.
- Professor Gwyn Bevan – Professor of Policy Analysis at the London School of Economics.
- Professor Mike Hough – Professor of Criminal Policy at Birkbeck University and associate director of the Institute for Criminal Police Research.
- Professor Oliver James – Professor of Political Science and Director of Research for Politics at the University of Exeter.
- Professor Rodney Morgan – Professor Emeritus, University of Bristol and Visiting Professor at the London School of Economics; the University Police Science Insitute, University of Cardiff; and the University of Sussex.
- Dr Mannie Sher – Dr Sher is an evaluator and organisational development and change consultant at the Tavistock Institute
- Professor Lawrence Sherman – Director of the Institute of Criminology of the University of Cambridge.
- Professor Stephen Shute – Professor of Criminal Law and Criminal Justice at the University of Sussex.
- Professor Kevin Stenson – Professor Stenson is an honorary professor at the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research, University of Kent.
- Rachel Tuffin – Director of Knowledge, Research and Education at the College of Policing.