Police efficiency - Associate inspectors
Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC) is seeking to recruit an Associate Inspector with skills in the following area:
- Efficiency, organisational development and change management
HMIC monitors, inspects and reports on the effectiveness, efficiency, legitimacy and leadership of police forces in England and Wales, as well as the Police Service of Northern Ireland, the National Crime Agency and other national law enforcement agencies.
HMIC is independent of both the government and the police service. We produce major reports which shine a light on issues at the very heart of policing. These are widely covered by the media and help inform the public of the performance of their local forces.
Get the application form
Download the application form
Download the notes for candidates
The deadline for completed application forms is 8am on Friday 9 December 2016. Applications must be sent to HMICrecruitment@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
- Understanding of financial accounting, forecasting and financial management.
- Experience of producing or analysing public sector accounts.
- Assessment of project business cases.
- Experience in auditing and/or value for money assessments.
- Experience in designing, managing or high level assessment of organisational development or change programmes.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts in a way that people can easily understand.
HMIC welcomes applications from all staffing groups.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for anyone with a disability as defined in the Equality Act 2010, subject to meeting the minimum criteria for the post.
We encourage a diverse workforce and aim to provide a working environment where all staff at all levels are valued and respected, and where discrimination, bullying, promotion of negative stereotyping and harassment are not tolerated.
We will not discriminate on grounds of gender, gender identity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, those with caring responsibilities, part-time workers or any other factor irrelevant to a person’s work.
We are committed to providing all staff with opportunities to maximise their skills and achieve their potential.